It has been 10 days since we left Oxford, time for a definite wrap-up ;-)
My recaps and highlights for each session
- Day 1 TEDx Workshop, Welcome Party
- TED University Session 2 Lee Hotz on Antartica, Ron Dembo on risk-taking
- Sessions 1 & 2 cartoonist Patrick Chappatte, Matt Ridley on "When Ideas Have Sex"
- Session 3: Found In Translation Ethan Zuckerman from Global Voices
- Session 4: Irrational Choices Sheena Iyengar on choice, Laurie Santos on banker monkeys, Maz Jobrani stand-up
- Session 5: Healthier Together John Hardy on the Green School
- Session 6: Different By Design Miwa Matreyek's performance, Eben Bayer on growing packagings, plus our acclaimed performance of "Sweet Hurdy Gurdy Dreams"
- Session 7: Creatures Great And Small Marcel Dicke on eating insects
- Session 8: Adventures In Fairness Jessica Jackley from Kiva, Auret Van Heerden and Peter Eigen
- Power outage: The ED Conference Maz Jobrani returns
- Session 9: The Unknown Brains Sebastian Seung "I am my connectome"
- Session 10: Who's the Teacher? Sugata Mitra on unsupervised learning, Chris Anderson on crowd accelerated innovation
- Session 11: The Tiny Blue Dot Jason Clay from WWF, Ze Frank, Dimitar Sasselov on exoplanets
- Session 12: Waging Peace Surprise speaker Julian Assange from Wikileaks
- TED Blog posts about TEDGlobal 2010
- Official photos from TED
- Flickr photos
- Videos of the talks as they come online (17 as of now)
- A few more quotes from the speakers
My first TEDGlobal was astounding. And that is despite my extremely high expectations and all the TEDx events I've attended and organized. The whole mix of genius and openness found at TED is much, much more than the sum of its parts. It will take weeks if not months for everything I saw and learned to settle. Ideas have power to change the world we live in, and TED is all about sharing them and accelerating this change. It is about empowerment. Our empowerment. It is up to us now to use these ideas the good way, or help them spread them even further as we'll try to do in the next TEDx PARIS ;-) I hope I'll meet a lot of fellow french TEDGlobal attendees there, and for the others... see you at TEDGlobal 2011 next year ;-)